We are currently have teaching vacancies in the following subjects:
Part-time GCSE Arabic Teacher
BASIC JOB PURPOSE
To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the school’s policies under the direction of the Principal.
To be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, can teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and has students who achieve well.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks
Planning, Teaching and Class Management;
Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
- identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed
- setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest
- setting appropriate and demanding expectations
- setting clear targets, building on prior attainment
- be aware of and make provision for students who are AEN/SEN, very able, LAC or who have other particular individual needs
- providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge
- making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study
- ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time
- maintaining discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
- using a variety of teaching methods to:
- match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary.
ii. Use effective questioning, listen carefully to students and give attention to errors and misconceptions
iii. Select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through library, ICT and other sources;
- ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught
- evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness
- ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support
- Liaise with the Subject Leader/Tutor to ensure the implementation of Subject policy and best practice.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting;
- assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching
- mark and monitor students’ work and set targets for progress
- assess and record students’ progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognise the level at which the student is achieving
- undertake assessment of students as requested by examination bodies, subject and school procedures
- prepare and present informative reports to parents
- Undertake assessment of students and participate in the school’s system reporting to parents.
- Have lead responsibility for a subject or aspect of the school’s work and develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance
- Contribute to PSHE and citizenship and enterprise according to school policy.
Other Professional Requirements;
- have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities
- operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school
- know subject(s) or specialism(s) to enable effective teaching
- take account of wider curriculum developments
- establish effective working relationships and set a good example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct
- endeavour to give every student the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations
- contribute positively and effectively to the Every Child Matters agenda
- co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the school, subject and students
- contribute to the corporate life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school
- take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open Evenings, Parents Evenings, Review days and events with partner schools
- take responsibility for own professional development and duties in relation to school policies and practices;
- liaise effectively with parents and governors
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the Principal/Line Manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
It is understood that areas of responsibility are from time to time subject to review and are negotiable in the light of the needs of the school and the professional development of the staff.
This job description may be reviewed at the end of the academic year or earlier if necessary. In addition it may be amended at any time after consultation with you.
Iqra Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Services.
If you would like to be part of the exciting adventurous Iqra family and believe you can contribute to the achievement and well being of our school then please arrange a visit by contacting the school office:
Tel: 01733 331433